Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What I Do Know

Well, we are moving. I do know that for sure.

Robert has been transferred to Leduc, where he will begin on-the-job training for the position of Account Manager. His first day at his new job is July 16, so we are going to be moving, most likely this summer! We are not sure when we will be moving yet, as we do not have a house to move into yet, and we havn't quite decided which city it is that we will actually be living in,Wetaskiwin or Leduc,...

I am very excited about this move, as it is about 1 1/2 years overdue. When we moved into this old stinky trailer almost 2 years ago it was "just until we can move somewhere better". We epected that would take a few months, not 24. We have been living here in our crowded space as the place literally fell apart around us, praying that it wouldn't actually fall down as we could not afford to move anywhere else. We have been through unexplained power surges that made the lights flicker and fried our computer, infestations of mice, ants, and beetles, leaks due to rain or snow melting that are too many to count, some leaks coming through light fixtures and electrical things that seemed pretty dangerous. We survived. The end is in sight, Praise God!

God really has been faithful to us, too. When Rob got posted at this job in Rimbey, we were living in Wetaskiwin and going to church in Leduc. We were both sad to leave our church as we really liked it and felt at home there, but we were definitely willing to go wherever God would send us. We thought "if God wants us at this church, mabye when Rob is done his tenure he'll get a job in Leduc-that would be perfect!" in fact, we prayed for this, at the same time knowing the chances of a job opening up in that branch at the right time were very slim.

So slim, in fact, that we pretty much forgot the idea once we got here. Especially after Robert learned that jumping from a CSM in a branch the size of Rimbey to a CSM in a branch the size of Leduc was nearly impossible. When Robert's tenure was up, as many of you know, he applied everywhere. Any job that he was qualified for within the range of cenrtal Alberta and Edmonton area he applied for. And one after another, they turned him down. He was actually getting pretty desperate when Leduc posted the CSM job. Probably why he applied, since he knew he was'nt really qualified for it. God knew he was supposed to be in Leduc,though, so the Manager at Leduc offered him another job- one that wasn't even open yet- that Robert hadn't applied for. We remembered what we had thought when we moved here, and we remembered that God still has his hand on our lives, He still has a plan.

So praise God! We are moving! No, we don't have a place to live yet, but we do know that God probably has that figured out, since he arranged the job thing so well! We would still appreciate your prayers, though, as transitions are always stressful. Moving is a lot of work, and I am hoping to get my dayhome running as soon as possible after the move.

So that's all I know...we will try to post again as soon as we have any new info!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lana for the update. Looking back it is always wonderful to see God's hand directly our lives. When we remember being "before-the-answer" side of God's "directing", it can help us as we face new challenges. I am very proud of you two, and the fantastic job you are doing with your girls. Your family is quickly becoming a "power team" of testimony to God's love and faithfulness.

Hugs and Kisses for all, Dad

Jan said...

Glad to hear that things are working out!

What's the difference between as CSM and Account Manager? Is it a lateral move or a "step up"?

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow for Luca's party!!!! :)

Mike and Tor said...

Hey Rob - have you started in Leduc yet? Let us know so we can come by sometime and check out your new digs.

Mike and Tor said...

OK sorry - I obviously wrote before I read. My bad.

Did Kelly call you guys? I've been trying to do some research for you on places in Wetaskiwin...and there's a couple of ideas that came up??? Maybe I'll just call you to see since I'm not sure when you'll check this again.

I know we've said it a few times, but we are SO excited to have you guys closer. Both of us - all 3 (ahem 4) of us can't wait till you are closer and we can get together more often.

Oh - and Lana - your trailer home was a HOME. Just wanted to mention that. It may have been falling apart and had "extra tenants" but it was a place where you could feel love and family. That's more than alot of "houses" have...but we are also glad that you will get a new place to live. We'll continue praying and helping as we can.

Rob... said...

Thanks, Tor, that's really sweet! I need to remember that family makes a home more than walls, especially now.

Janice- Account Manager is a step, as well as a pay grade, up for Rob. It also will enable Rob to move on to branch Manager after a few years. At least I think. Mabye Rob should field this one!

Karyn said...

Having the confidence that God is putting you in this job is part of having faith that He will put you in an affordable, pleasant house in the neighborhood He chooses. Ask Him for wisdom and creativity as to how to search out homes that are not in the paper.

There is a verse in Corinthians (or is it Hebrews?) that talks about the importance of remembering what God has done for us in the past in order that we have faith for the future. Keep remembering that this job is a miracle that you had prayed for 2 years ago.

Jan said...

Uhhhhh, Tor....I just read your comment and saw that you said 3, ahem 4.....

Is there something I'm missing here?????

Rob... said...

She probably means the dog. Their weird dog people. =)

Karyn said...

yes, I'm sure she meant Curly. She's part of the family you know. Although I never thought Victoria would become a "weird dog person".

Mike and Tor said...

I did mean Curly. I put that in mainly for Lana because if Curly didn't live with us - her next favorite choice would probably be with Lana. (And Janice we have sort of developed into "weird dog people"...let me clarify - "weird Curly people" because I still don't really like other dogs. It's just Curly -she grows on you...and now she is totally part of the family.

Ah - I couldn't even think of having twins. One set of twins in my family is enough!

Vinjelu and Kathryn Muyaba said...

Hey it's great to hear you guys are able to move on. I hope ylucan find jst the right house for youf family. I was kinda hoping it would be in Wetaskiwin since we will eb living there fr a while... but I gues Leduc really isn't that far, would be nice to walk to your house though.

Anyway, Iam really sorry abut your friend that ded, I remeber you talked about that couple a few times to me. It must have been a shock... and I am so emotional latley I cried when I read it:) ...

Anyway, miss you guys and looking forward to hearing about the new house.

Luv kathryn

Vinjelu and Kathryn Muyaba said...

Hey guys, can you post a picture of the girls on here.... I am really missing them and would like to see some summer photos... even one, or mom if you read this, would be nice to see them!

Also I know I have asked for your address a million times, but I don't think I have ti with me, can you send it via e-mail or what ever so we can send some post cars or somthing to you guys.

love kath

oh and lana, happy birthday, I though of you on your birthday! Was traveling that day:) Will give you a qick call!

Anonymous said...

Victoria, Please don't forgot the year the Curly, Riley and I spent together. She is sadly missed many times. This is especially true when Riley and I go for walks and Curly is not there "Hunting" and sniffing as we walk along the trail.

Mike and Tor said...

Oh dad - maybe Curly will come for a visit. I'm sure she misses you and Riley too. I don't know how Michael would do without her for a few days - but we need to share...she kind of rubs off on you doesn't she.

Rob... said...

I just read this post again....it's the end of August, we have a great place and I love the job. God really was looking out for us and had everything planned out. We didn't need to worry, he had it worked out.