Alright seeings that I've been asked about Rocky, and Coronation has been leaked I guess I should write an update on the situation.
I was interviewed on Thursday last week for the position in Rocky. I think it went well, he said he would let me know by Wednesday this week. The one concern we had was housing there. The average house price in Rocky is 300k. There is virtually nothing to rent aswell. I have been looking though and have found some nice sounding trailers on their own lots. So that could be an option as well.
The Coronation angle is another posting. Coronation is another CSM position that became available. It is actually 2 branches, Coronation and Consort. I would be in Consort 1 or 2 days a week and in Coronation the rest of the time. The nice thing is I get paid for travel between the branches which would be a car payment. I'm interested in that position because it would be cheaper to live. Its practically in Saskatchewan and close to Saskatchewan prices for housing. BUT there are negatives about about it, like having to live in Coronation, and Lana not being assuered a day home. I've been contacted by the manager there that she will be interviewing this week. I haven't heard from her yet, and she'd better hurray up as I'm on vacation starting Thursday this week. Ya!
I'm still hoping for the Rocky position as it would be a little more money and it is actually a decent sized place with shopping opportunities and still only 40 minutes to Red Deer. Lana and I figuered that we can continue living in Rimbey for the time being and I can travel back and forth, of course I would need to get a new car, but we were needing that since the Cavalier bit the dust.
Anyway.....we're very excited about Christmas, we have almost all the shopping done. Soph and Liz just need to buy for Emma, but we're taking them out tonight to do that. Other then that we're finito!
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
I'm sorry I just read through all that and saw all the spelling mistakes. *I'm hanging my head in shame*
Lol- that's funny Rob...I didn't notice most of them...but I was reading for content.
Thanks for the update - keep us posted so we know whether to travel east or west to visit.
Of what you know right now, which of the two positions would you prefer? Rocky? One thing that will help if you go to Rocky is the cheaper mortgage that you can get - if that's the way you go - it may end up being more profitable in the long term to be there as your assets should increase slightly more than they would in Coronation.
I (Tor) start holidays on Thursday as well, but if things are slow tomorrow - I'll head out early...I've been putting in alot of overtime this week to get things wrapped up. Can't wait to see you at Christmas. Are you still planning on stopping in on the 28th? Right now, it looks like Mike will be working that day, but he was going to see what he could do about possibly getting out early if it wasn't too crazy. It is Christmas week - so chances of that are kinda slim, but I'd love to hang with you guys. Bring your skates and toboggan gear - we have a great rink by our house and a good hill too!
We're still planning on it. Lana even suggested just staying the night. So we'll see.
As it is now, I'd be happy with Rocky, Coronation or Rimbey. The most money is Rocky, but the most responsibility is Rocky, which is a good and bad thing. So whatever happens happens.
Good luck, Rob. I hope that one of the places works out for you. Afterall, either one is a step in the right direction if you are looking to move up in ATB.
Have a very Merry Christmas and I hope to see you guys sometime soon. have you thought about the 29th? Let's chat about it.
Any house in Rocky will come down in price over the next year as the oil industry slams on its brakes. Be patient, don't even think of buying yet.
As I said before, we will pray for God to affect the hiring processes in order to put you where He wants you.
Coronation isn't too bad - and it's not too far to Stettler which has all the shopping you need. Hotter weather in the summer, too. Close to camp. Nice folks around there. Kind of far from home, though.
Quick update, Rocky decided to "go in another direction". He said that all my references spoke quite highly of me. But that he felt I was still a couple months away. And I tend to agree with him.
He also said that "there are big plans for me". Whatever that means, he wouldn't elaborate.
I still haven't heard from Coronation, but we'll see what happens.
It is better to have the ones in charge of hiring look at you and say "soon, but not yet" than to hire you for a position you are not quite ready for and then have you not do as well as you should be able to.
They obviously see potential in you and are willing to wait and be patient for you to develop. That is very good.
It's always nice to hear the bosses say they have "big plans for you". That is impressive.
I'm proud of you. :)
Plus, I really won't mind if you stay only an hour away (or closer)
but then that is just my selfish self speaking there
Hey guys up date ur blog man! Some photo's from christmas would be great! Lets keep this stuff going, it's fun reading and commmenting!
Love Kathryn
hello?
Does anybody blog here anymore!?
;)
Post a Comment