Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Don't Forget Blogger

I know that we're as bad as the rest of you, but we shouldn't neglect Blogger as a result of Facebook. Blogging differs from facebook and is better at relaying what has been on our minds as of late. So get on here and write something profound.

Like has anyone tried out "igoogle" as their homepage? I just started using it earlier this week. It's great. You can customize it with 'gadgets' to have what you want on it. Lana and I have our calendar, quotes, comics, weather, news and a bunch of other things. Check it out. http://www.google.com/ig

4 comments:

Jan said...

You're right, Rob. Facebook is so convenient to get in touch with people in a relatively quick way, and is easier (in my opinion) to view and post photos, but blogger is much more useful at relaying larger amounts of info about "us"- who were are, what we are doing, what we are thinking. I will try very hard to get a new post up either tonight or tomorrow afternoon. I hang my head in shame. ;(

Rob... said...

Don't feel shame. You hit the nail on the head exactly. Facebook is easier for posting pictures, videos. But Blogging is for writting our thoughts and stories, there isn't really a place for things like that on Facebook. There's room in the world for both. =)

Vinjelu and Kathryn Muyaba said...

ha ha you guys are so funny!

Anyway, I agree, so rob, post some photos and stuff about emmas birthday, especially since I couldn't be there!

Let me know when the girls try out the book program I gave them. I am interested to see if they get into it.

Anyway will talk to you later and actually may be able to see you guys before we leave.

Love kath

Unknown said...

AMEN!

I love Blogger for the depth. Facebook is great for quick messages and, I suppose, for communication with those we have a shallow relationship with, but it really doesn't cut it for "real" stuff.

I agree, though, that loading photos onto facebook is easier - easier to look at them, too. I like to be able to comment on a photo, too.

So let's put the majority of our photos on fb and share with each other on blogger.

This is mom talking, btw