Today while I was threatening to comb Sophia's hair, she decided it would be more beneficial to be a boy.
"'I want to be a boy!" She proclaimed, but I didn't believe her. I told her she was way to pretty to be a boy.
"I will blow my nose in the shower, mom." She countered. Ew, gross!
"I will drink out of the milk jug, mom." Only daddy does those things!
"I will eat all of the food, mom." Oh no, this is definitely sounding like daddy!
How could I argue that logic? "You must be a boy." I replied, "But even boys have to have their hair combed, believe it or not!"
Later, at supper, Emma and Elizabeth came to the distinct realizaton that they needed a baby brother. I told them that if they want a baby brother they need to pray and ask Jesus for one. Emma obediently folded her hands, closed her eyes, and prayed-
"Dear Jesus, please give us a baby brother. Make him a good boy who is sweet and good,
make him perfect and polite, and not gross like Daddy. Amen."
Now please do not think that my husband is a cave-man, he is simply a normal man who is sadly outnumbered by girls with delicate sensibilities!


4 comments:
This is SOOOO funny, and I am glad that emma prayed for a brother.. maybe she'll get one...:)
I can't believ thats what soph said.. I laughed out loud in the internet cafe!
Love you guys and see you soon!
Kathryn
Poor Rob....he grew up in a home where the girls were greatly outnumbered by the boys so he is maybe a little less aware of girls' "delicate sensibilities". (Not to mention that his sister didn't have many "delicate sensibilities" LOL).
I think Sophie's idea of what it is to be a boy is hilarious! What a character.
I'm afraid that Emma cannot have both a brother and a child that is perfect and polite. But we can join her in believing Jesus for a baby brother (or 2).
HAHAHA! Too cute! Some of the things I hear of your girls saying just cracks me up! They are so funny, maybe without even knowing it!
How are you guys getting settled? Have you got any kids lined up for babysitting yet?
Dear Jesus,
I too pray for great nephew. amen
Oh, this is great aunty mel praying
Post a Comment