Friday, May 30, 2008

This Week

Well, this was a crazy week. I didn't really get into any of my routine this week. You know how I was so tired last week, it came to a crecendo on Monday, I felt awful. I think my body must have been fighting something off. By Tuesday I was feeling pretty good, but by then Sophie was sick, and I was staying home from work and taking her to the doctor. Then Emma's birthday, and Lana not well. It was a crazy week. I didn't think the pressure of it all was getting to me until Wednesday and when 2 separate peopl asked me if I was ok, that I looked sad and tired. I knew I wasn't sad, so I figured it must be the pressure and the stress of it all getting to be this week. I didn't get any exercising, but I tried to keep some semblance of good eating. Cake in the middle of the week doesn't help that.

Anyway, yesterday was a good day. First I found out in the morning that I was getting a raise. Woohoo! I had been kicking around the idea of taking a very part time job to make a few extra hundred bucks a month to save up for when the baby comes and Lana needs to take some time off, now I won't have to do that. One of the reasons that Lana babysits and doesn't work in the evenings or weekends is that we truly love to be together and would not like being apart all the time. So that was good.

Another good news happened yesterday too. It's a longer story. From moving last year, then going to the dentist who happened to charge much more then any other dentist we had been to or antisipated we had alot of credit card bills. So I tried to get a consolidation loan to cover them. Last week everything was a go until they discovered that when using Lana's income she had written almost half of what she made off and we couldn't use it toward he final figure (I know it makes no sense seeings that all the write offs were living expenses). So we didn't get it, our debt seriving was off by a coule throusand a year. Sometimes the credit department has their collective heads up their a**e*!! Anyway, I digress. With the raise though I went to see if it would make a difference. It did and we were able to get it, which helps out a little and takes pressure off us. Also it opens up other possibilities to saving for a downpayment or just general saving, or maybe buying some clothes once and awhile.

So that was good too.

Anyway, I'm at work now and should get to it, but I just thought I'd share my thoughts. I'm going to be gone on course all week next week, so I'll be missing all the working out AGAIN! Oh well, back into the groove in June. It'll come.

3 comments:

Karyn said...

Congratulations on the raise, Rob! I take it that it was fairly substantial?

It is harder to eat well when you are not at home (just ask me) but not impossible....make good choices this week - and go for a walk every day if you can't do a workout...although, most hotels have a workout room, with a treadmill.

I'm proud of you for making a decision to eat well and exercise! You will be thankful for that kind of change when you come to the age that Dad and I are at. It is like investing or saving now so you can retire more comfortably....best to start when you are young.

Karyn said...

Congratulations on the raise, Rob! I take it that it was fairly substantial?

It is harder to eat well when you are not at home (just ask me) but not impossible....make good choices this week - and go for a walk every day if you can't do a workout...although, most hotels have a workout room, with a treadmill.

I'm proud of you for making a decision to eat well and exercise! You will be thankful for that kind of change when you come to the age that Dad and I are at. It is like investing or saving now so you can retire more comfortably....best to start when you are young.

Karyn said...

Hey Rob! Where's the updates? It's been like 2 weeks!