Thursday, May 22, 2008

Weight Loss

Well, I'm really going to try hard this time. I've set a goal, and I've got a plan and I think I have the mind set to do it. I'm going to work hard and loes the weight I've been carrying since....well, since as long as I remember. I think I'm going to chronicle it somewhat here.

I found a really cool site that helps you keep track of weight loss, calories burned, calories eaten etc. It's at http://traineo.com/ You can find my personal page here http://m00se.traineo.com/

For Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I started with waking early and working with a workout video (no Victoria, not Lana's =) It's one I bought a couple months ago because it looked good (I'm an impulse buyer like Dad). I think it is good, I just couldn't get motivated to do it. Well, I dont know what changed, but I feel motivated now, I must be growing up. Anyway, those days were great. I started reading some on the Wii and discovered that some people were using it to loes weight. One guy inparticular who was in pretty good shape to begin with so didn't have much to lose tested it. He didn't change any eating habits or other exercize, only added the Wii. And over 6 weeks he was able to lose 9 pounds, from 180 tp 171. Which doesn't sem like much to most of us, but when you're already thin losing the last 9 can be very difficult. So I looked further and found a guy who put together an actual workout with Wii Sports. I tried it tonight and I am so sore. I haven't worked that hard in ages. But I feel good, this is a new chapter.

Anyway, this is only the beginning....

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Every journey starts with a few steps, Rob.....Good for you to take those first steps! Get a vision for the end of the journey and be prepared for it to take some time. I'm with you all the way, Bud! You can do it.